Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Don't Have Time To Do Your Hair?-Tips to look good without a lot of time or money

A woman recently wrote in with this question:

Hello,
I am 21, and just had a baby 6 months ago. I am very happy with my body already, but my hair is awful!!! I am having problems going to the salon to get it fixed (money and time), but I am very self conscience about it. I think I look 35 years old. It is straight, brown, medium length, and STRAIGHT! Did I mention it is straight? I can't even curl my hair with a curling iron or blow dryer. It is stringy but my husband doesn't want it short! HELP, what do I do with it?!?

Thanks :)
Bonny
Canon City
, CO


Hi Bonny,

There is nothing worse than hating your hair and having little time to do anything about it.
Here are some time-and-money saving tips and tricks for moms (and anyone who doesn't have a lot of time or money):

Tip 1: Skip the fancy salons All you want is for your hair to look healthy, you don't need a fancy $50 haircut. Some of my friends with the cutest, heathiest hair go to strip malls and pay $15 for their cuts. Have the stylist cut off your split ends and make sure to go back on a regular basis. Trust me: For a simple cut, you can't tell if the person got their hair cut at Oscar Blandi in NYC or in a Kentucky strip mall.

Tip 2: The simpler the cut, the better. What you need is a cut that will look good as it grows out. I suggest a chin-length bob or perhaps long layers. A layered cut will add body and looks great blown out or scrunched up after a shower to add some natural waves. With a bob, you can just brush and go, letting it airdry naturally.

Tip 3: Bored with your color? Buy a bottle and dye your hair. Just be sure to select a shade that's no more than a couple shades lighter or darker than your own hair so you don't have to spend a lot of time upkeeping your roots. If you have some money, getting a half-head of foiled highlights will brighten blah brown and the highlights effect tends to last a bit longer than overall color, because you don't have to hassle as much with upkeep.

Tip 4: Ponytails are your savior. Few women your age look older in a ponytail. Pull hair back and you'll not only accent your face, you'll love how carefree not having that hair in your face all the time makes you feel.



source from http://beauty.about.com

No comments: