Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Acne FAQ by Dr. Howard Murad: Can I Speed Up Treatment?

"I just received a prescription from my doctor for Retin-A to treat my acne. If I double the dose, will my blemishes clear up faster? And will I have to be on it forever in order to keep the acne away?"

I do not recommend doubling up on your dosage. Doubling the dose of Retin-A can cause irritation and may actually increase the inflammation of your skin, which will only make your acne worse. Acne is not curable, however it's possible to grow out of it. While you have it, it is important to use the products as prescribed by your doctor to achieve optimal results. Once your skin clears up, it is important to maintain a complete regimen to continue to keep your skin clear and healthy.

source from http://beauty.ivillage.com

No comments: