Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How Can I Tame My Curly Hair?

Question: How Can I Tame My Curly Hair?

We got this email recently:

I have coarse, super-curly hair that frizzes if I don't blow dry it straight. The problem is all this drying is causing it to dry out even more. Help!

Answer: Women with curly hair who want to go straight, should try a professional hair straightening at the salon. The solution is much like a perm, only instead of curly hair, it straightens it. I'd suggest finding a stylist who specializes in hair straightening or who has super-curly hair herself.

In the meantime, women with super-curly hair should limit heat styling to 2 to 3 times a week. Any more and you could risk damaging your hair. When blow-drying or using a hair straightener, protect hair with a spritz of a heat protectorant product like Pantene's new Pro-V Frizz Control

Also, let hair airdry for as long as possible before turning on the blowdryer.


source from http://beauty.about.com

No comments: